• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm so mad at myself

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I went to close the window that foxy was at because it was really cold and I didn't realize his tail was in the window seal and I closed it on his tail! He freaked and ran out and I kept trying to stop him and cal him down I thought I got the tip of his tail but it turns out I squeezed around the base could I have broken something!?
I touch the base of his tail and he would freak then I waited a little bit before squeezing the spot gently and he only freaked out a little but not as much as before, he's calming down now and he's still orange and bright but I'm so worried
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449696236.582328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449696258.556060.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449696275.495299.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i'm guessing that if you got the base of his tail (near his body) you probabaly just scared him - he may be a bit bruised, but there's muscle in that area so likely didnt break anything. if he lets you touch it, you're probably good to go. i would watch him tho - look for swelling, discoloration, change in temperament, etc. he may also react to your reaction - so YOU be calm !!

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
He's calming down which is calming me down, forgive me I just get so freaked out
He is upset with me and he keeps walking away from me but he is not squirming when I touch the base of his tail anymore

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe poor baby and poor you :( I would have felt soo bad too..I'm sure you scared eachother.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OH WOW, he's MAD at you, look at that face! I agree that you probably just bruised him but I would keep an eye out and make sure there is no swelling or discoloration.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
He seems fine and he's not mad at me anymore, he would walk to he end of my bed and try to sleep there because he knows it scares me and I'm afraid he'll fall so I kept pulling him to me and he is now sleeping under my blankets very bright orange

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
One time when Dexter was small I had let her out on the floor to run around. I thought she was on one side of the room not really moving and I squated down and put my hands on the floor behind me to catch my weight and she was under my hand! I completely freaked out and she gave me that look that your guy has in the photos but she was perfectly fine.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Awwww Dexter! They really have mastered the stink eye haven't they? My boy gives me them when I wake him up in the morning as well as when I won't let him sleep at 3

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yep they do give a good stink eye for sure!!

Latest posts