• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm new to this

Desmond Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I'm new to this. I have had 13 eggs incubating for around 3 months, all through Monday 5 hatched but the other 8 don't seem to do up to much. Am I just being paranoid or is usual?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Germ and Aleena know about incubating.

Have you tried candling them to see if there's a body in the eggs? Some eggs take time to hatch so give them some time. They might not be ready. I always think that if the first few eggs that are laid, will hatch first. Then the latter hatches later. (That's what I think, but I'm not sure if that's the way beardie babies hatch from their eggs.) If they start sweating and collasping, then they're getting ready to hatch.

Desmond Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the advise, that puts me at at little more at ease. The remaining eggs all still seem to have some weight to them but have been collapsing for nearly a week and a half. Was purely time frame I was concerned about :)