• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm jittery with anticipation!!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey everyone! I haven't been on this site for a while, and that's mostly because every time I go here I remember I don't have Wrex anymore, get sad, then remember that I just bought my new little guy and am waiting for the breeder to release him, then get very very excited and hop about in my seat. :D

Here's the most recent picture of my baby (you can tell it's MY baby because the breeder labeled him/her as so to reserve it on his website, teehee!)

baby.jpg

He's a little bit skinny right now, so I'll have to fatten him up once I pick him up in about two weeks. I love his color though! This is right after his first shed, and I don't think his head/tail are quiet done shedding yet, but his back has a lovely orange pattern. The breeder says that he's a little firecracker, but never tried to bite him or his son, just the other baby beardies. ;D He's also a good inch or so bigger than the bearded dragons that hatched the same week, but didn't have any of Sumo's German Giant line in them.

I already bleached / baked everything that Wrex touched in his viv, and now I just have to tile the bottom with slate. Even though this is optional, I think it looks nice and want nothing but the best for my wittle baby beardiekins. :3

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh that's just great !
Can't wait for all your new experiences to share with us! and the new photos ;)
Janie

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh! I forgot to mention, my best friend just got a bearded dragon for her birthday! I helped her out with substrate and lighting so he would be a healthy little guy (Once again, PetSmart forced sand and compact UV bulbs ::) ) and now he's looking great! She's had him for a month or so and he's already eating his kale like a pro.

How safe are heavily-supervised beardy play dates? :D Sarah and I have trouble finding things to do on weekends during the summer, when temperatures easily venture into the high 90s, and we'd probably just take the two outside for a bit and watch them play in an enclosed area. If any aggression happens we'll separate them immediately, but is this safe to try?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you have the idea... close watch... I personally wouldn't feel comfy, but others do practice this, with no problems.
Janie
Great job on the helping hand !

Latest posts