• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm brand new (literally)

rainyday5

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I'm not just brand new to this forum, I've never even owned a bearded dragon before. I'm planning on getting one on my next birthday (next month) and i thought this would be a good place to learn something before I get one. :-\ The ones i'm looking at are pretty small (arond 4'' or so). I'm probably going to ask a LOT of questions so forgive me if they sound a little stupid.

I can't wait for my birthday ;D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome...got to tell you i am so happy that you are looking for info BEFORE getting your beardie(s). The best info i can give you is to get all your info and set up your tank before bringing a beardie home. You will need a tank, heat light, uvb, digital thermometers just for starters. Take a look at the pics of other tanks for some good ideas. One big factor..you said beardies, just remember they CANNOT be housed together...you will need two of everything. If you cant or dont want to i woulc highly recommend just getting one. They dont need a friend except for you.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and don't worry about asking questions. This is a great place to learn and no question is a stupid question.

The care sheet at mybeardie.com is great. If you buy your crickets in bulk you save a ton of money. You will also need a set up to house a lot of crickets. Babies eat a lot about 50-100 per day. We can help you with getting your crickets set up as well. Many here feed roaches and can help you set up for roaches too.

I would recommend getting your 40 gallon breeder tank now and partition off half of it, this way you will not have to buy another tank once the baby grows. I put my baby in the whole tank when he was about 7 inches and he did fine.

Take a look at the care sheet and let us know if you have any question.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
00020121.gif

Welcome,
You've come to the right place, so ask and ask away . . . . were all here to help you take the best care of your baby ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your little one. Here is a link to our basic caresheet. It should provide you with a good starting ground for caring for the little one:

Bearded Dragon Care

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard! I am, too, glad you're doing your homework PRIOR to getting your beardie. It'll makes things so much easier for both, slave (well....owner ;D ) and pet.

Latest posts