• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im beginning to get a complex

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So this female
IMG_0468.jpg

is a great looking animal but it doesnt sell. The wierd thing is i have seen lower expression tigers at a much higher price than im selling her at go within a few days. now i know this sounds dumb but i wonder if im shooting myself in the foot pricing her almost 100 dollars lower than most tigers. I havent been on the "retail" side of this industry in a long time but it seems to me maybe people think something is wrong with her. i am not sure. I just wanted to rant. What do yall think. Do you think putting a lower price tag on something than is the "industry standard" can actually hurt a sale.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you think putting a lower price tag on something than is the "industry standard" can actually hurt a sale.

IF you were Dachiu, or Sandfire, Sunshine or Outback..........the answer to that would be yes.

However, you're not one of those well famed names (and no i'm not knocking that).
Your price is good, your dragon is fine. The economy sux for someone with no gratuity to their name.
Just hang tight and dont compromise your standards. It takes time to build a name for yourself and as long as you remain consistant, that name will be synonomous with "good breeder". Although it may not quite feel that way now.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
just curious whats your price on her? Shes very pretty , I dont know about where you are but the economy hasnt been great up here so alot of people arent splurging on unnessesary itms right now , perhaps thats the reason you havent sold her.

Also we do want another just not sure as too when although all the cute baby pics posted lately make it even more tempting.lol. What are the laws on shipping them from the usa to canada? or would I have to find a breeder here in canada?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
angel said:
just curious whats your price on her? Shes very pretty , I dont know about where you are but the economy hasnt been great up here so alot of people arent splurging on unnessesary itms right now , perhaps thats the reason you havent sold her.

Also we do want another just not sure as too when although all the cute baby pics posted lately make it even more tempting.lol. What are the laws on shipping them from the usa to canada? or would I have to find a breeder here in canada?

i have no idea on what the laws for shipping into Canada would be and im not sure i would feel comfortable doing that considering im sure there is some type of customs a dragon would have to be held in. and ill PM ya the sale price as i dont want to use Renee's site for trying to get a sale.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent advice, LadyKnight! By no means am I an expert when it comes to breeding or selling dragons. But I do know my stuff as far as business is concerned. Reputation will either make you or break you. And it is not something that happens overnight. It is a long process that takes a lot of work to build.

Hang in there, Brian.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll put it in the affiliate fee! JK.

Thanks, Brian. I appreciate the subtleties when it comes to building your customer base and giving the respect this forum is building. Yes, we want every beardie to find a good home. But our main purpose is to provide advice to bearded dragon owners.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i try to stear away from discussing money in public on any forum but especially one that does not have nor plans to have a classifieds section. dont wanna get anyone annoyed at me lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i've never favored classified on forums. it's free advertisement and usually attracts more people unwilling to participate in conversation than those of us that do have animals to offer on a regular basis. And when you attract that kind of poster.........along with it comes "that kind of buyer". No, not what you're thinking.............the kind of buyer that gets taken advantage of and ends up with problems from promises not honored.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another goal we are trying to achieve with this forum is sticking to the topic posted by the original poster and not running away on another tangent. That's what Forum Chat is for.... *cough* :eek:

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Another goal we are trying to achieve with this forum is sticking to the topic posted by the original poster and not running away on another tangent. That's what Forum Chat is for.... *cough* :eek:

janie so just got pwned lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im thinking im gonna try and trade her and her sister for a juvi/sub adul red leather male (hoping to find a red leather male double het (hypo and trans))

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
is there a good website that explains all these genetic terms? I really want to find a unique baby but I have no idea what all these terms mean lol

Latest posts