• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Im back

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry ive been gone for awhile. I recently switched over to sand. At first she wasnt very happy with me, id pick her up and she would run onto her rock she wouldnt touch it. now she loves it. LOL. shes grown so much within the last couple months. Not the tiny little dragon i knew. Shes at the moment in the process of shedding again, head and tail right now. Something funny to is watching her hunt and eat the crickets. she is so funny. ill drop like 15 crickets in there for her and she goes crazy, tail straight up, all high up in the air and runs quick.

ill post up some pictures later on of the new place and her.

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
some new pics i took this morning
180806_491964105963_511085963_6386438_7868629_n.jpg

167147_491964710963_511085963_6386452_1520960_n.jpg

her new home
166623_491964545963_511085963_6386450_6845641_n.jpg

her feet are orange from the sand. LOL. you can probably see shes starting to shed on her head and tail.

im thinking about renaming her....i have been pushing the name Toothless (from How to train your dragon) i was watching that the other day. I dont like Gaga anymore LOL

shes a little fatty now. when i took the picture she just layed down on my arm she was licking my sweatshirt constantly. i still think thats cute. i dont know if shes tasting it or *kissing* me LOL bc she does it to my arms also. either way its awesome

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
it was cute, i was holding her today and she was sitting in my hand i was petting her under her chin and then ontop of her head she then closed her eyes for a little while before opening them. not sure if she was just doing it or if she really liked what i was doing. either way i love my dragon

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ahh ok. Repti-Sand is the really fine calcium free sand right? I always confuse the sands in pet stores

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
she just shed off all of her head now. her tail seems to be getting ready and her feet are starting also.

the only issue i seem to have with the sand is it stinks. it has an odor to it i think. when i hold her she has this scent and it wasnt there before the sand. not sure

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't put it past it being the sand... Sand holds bacteria from the feces and urates. No matter how well you scoop it's always there. I would suggest changing out that sand.

Hope this helps.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Ahh ok. Repti-Sand is the really fine calcium free sand right? I always confuse the sands in pet stores

yet oddly enough it states this:

Offer a dish of vitamin/calcium powder to prevent over-consumption of substrate

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crazyeye72985 said:
hmm so is this sand bad?

Honestly, I have no experience with this "labeled product"

My opinion, however, is this:

Any produce that uses the term "over consumption" in conjunction with digestible is just full of shitaki mushrooms and prune juice.

to claim something is calcium free, then recommend an alternate DISH of calcium to prevent consumption is..................a little beyond my scope of knowledge for the hidden meaning thing. Sand doesn't contain natural calcium in most areas of the world. Although close to the oceans you can probably find some pure veins. Although i wouldn't recommend them either.

The dye used to color the sand is synthetic. Typically synthetic has an underlying definition of "chemical"

Latest posts