• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Iggy's new toilet:(

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Everyday I get home from work & come straight to get my Iggy. I feed him & put him on my shoulder & we go for a walk. He has pooped on my shoulder 3 of the last 4 days. He's never done this before. I can even tell now when he's about to unload on me, he starts scratching really soft on my neck & then a lil wiggle & it happens so fast. I'm still grossed out by this last one. Just telling you about it makes me want to shower again. Did I upset him? Do they send messages like that? My dog will let me know when she's upset thru strategically placed poops in the house. & she's always there to see me when I find it. Like she planned it & wanted to see my face. What did I do to him & how do I make amends.. silkworms? It's like he's saving his poop for me:/

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@woodson28...lol...I really do not think that Iggy is sending you a message of any sort. I can tell you that Mungi does his business like clockwork most days...he wakes up and basks for about 30 minutes and then makes his "deposit" and then basks a lil while longer...then he eats breakfast...Depending on how much he has eaten during the previous days he will make another deposit at around 2pm.
I would suggest that you alter your walk schedule...perhaps go for your walk and then feed him. It sounds to me that he has just developed his poop time when ya'll go for your walk is all.
It's good that you are learning his "signs". Observing and learning a creatures signs and patterns is perhaps one of the most important things a keeper can do...so Well Done! and Keep up the Good Work!

I will have to say that I have had a couple of truly vindictive canines in my life tho...lol...I once had a Pomeranian that if I upset her then it was a guarantee that when I got up in the morning I had better look down before I put my foot to the floor...once I caught onto that game she got even more devious and would leave her "surprize" in my tennis shoe..lol..I wear Cowboy boots most times but she couldnt ever figure out a way to get her behind up high enuf to unload in them...lol:)

Reptiles tho, I have never witnessed vindictive behavior in and I currently have and have had quite a few:)
Enjoy your day tomorrow and heed the soft scratches and wiggle..lol

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We go for a walk everyday when I get home. Iggy & my dog.. I used to give him baths & he would poop but you told me it was too many baths & to let nature take its course.. its taking course on me! I can't bathe him everyday.. so do I bring a change of shirts from now on? Did I offend him? I did accidentally drop a hornworn on his face & he shook his head really fast & glared at me.. that was about a week ago.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Like I said I would change up the time of your walks and perhaps feed him after...or you could always buy a poncho...they are cheap and you can rinse it right off when you get home:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've noticed this kind of behavior once upon a time with Castiel. It repaired itself rather quickly as soon as I corrected her housing situation. She would even poop in my general direction when she was in her cage because she was irritated about being housed with others. When I would take her out she would glare at me and lift her tail and poop with a snarky look on her face. I swear it was intentional!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hahaha! My French bulldog is our baby & she's been extremely jealous of Iggy since day 1. Ive got the poop, like you said, right where I would stand up first thing in the morning. Last week, I put her outside to feed Iggy, & afterwards I put Iggy away & let her back in.. I fell asleep & woke up in a hot puddle of pee. It's ridiculous.
Also.. hahaha! I laughed really hard at the poncho idea. Awesome. As far as rinsing it, I don't think so.. today I ran to the bathroom & cut my tshirt off of me with scissors so the poop wouldn't touch me anymore, then ran down stairs & threw it away in the trash, gagging the entire time. I would love to get my hands on some disposable ponchos.
I think we will be going on later walks from now on..
SLY GUY.jpg
Look at that sinister grin.. he's doing it on purpose!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great Pic, shoulda tossed that in the Pic O' The Month Contest, :D. Definitely looks like hes up to something & he is looking GREEEAAAT!!!
icon_thumright-1.gif

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
My lizards often poop while their out and about we call them 'welcome presents' as they do it when there is some body they don't know in the house or if my iguana gets to the front door she will try to climb up who ever knocked it's so funny when it's the post man he goes greener than her and runs away :rolleyes: the silly billy she just wants to say hello lol I suppose my point is is that they hate people being here so they poop to show their disapproval. It works for me I like that nobody turns up unexpected. They call ahead to make sure non of them are out haha :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Iggy's just showing you how much you mean to him! LOL! Allie left me a surprise deposit in her pen while I fixed her dinner. It was wedged in a corner. She wasn't doing anything like climbing the sides or trying to get my attention. She had this lovely mischievous grin on her face. LOL! Funny beardies. :)

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Looks like he's going "ehehe, you will never thwart me, human!"
Lol! This had me laughing all day at work:)
All of your stories are great! Lol.. no poop on me today. Gave him a bath. Hes about to shed. I came upstairs to find Iggy's blanket chewed on & placed in my daughters room with a poop on it. My jealous frenchie. If its not one its the other.
SOPHIE BEING MISCHIEVOUS.jpg
this is her watching Iggy bask. She will sit here like this for hours just watching him. She is very emotional & Iggy has cast a raincloud over her head that follows her everywhere. She seems depressed.. so ya.. she chewed Iggy's blanket & pooped on it. These two are driving me nuts with their poop messages.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! Aww! Jealous little girl, isn't she? I can see her, "I dinna do anything! Honest! It was Iggy."

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Everyday I get home from work & come straight to get my Iggy. I feed him & put him on my shoulder & we go for a walk. He has pooped on my shoulder 3 of the last 4 days.

OK, I know you've gotten a lot of feedback on this, but I have an idea. Feed Iggy, wait until he poops, then go for the walk.
Most animals poop a few minutes after they eat.

Latest posts