• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

If I lose power tomorrow should I hold off feeding baby beardie as we'll have no light?

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Never really thought about it but we have no way of providing electicity if the power goes out tomorrow because of the hurricane. My beardie is about 6.5" and has been kinda fussy about his food anyways, but I know its important for them to eat something everyday when they are babies, but I also know that they can not digest without heat, should I just hold off feeding him til we get power back or can I put moms rice heating pad on the floor of the tank for him to climb on after he eats? Just want to be prepared :) thanks!

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Smaller portions are recommended if u don't have power. As far as the heating pad goes, just b careful.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
the heating, is it like a pillow and you nuke it for a minute or 2? If it is, be careful. I was using one of those for my jack russell, been using it for 6 weeks without a problem. Out of the blue one night he started to yelp, he had a burn make on his belly. If was heated up for the same amount of time whenever it was used so l can't explain it. Just be careful

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
so far we still have power here but i fed him a small breakfast with some collards. Crossing my finger we continue to have power...im actually sickish today, my tummys a real mess so im hoping we keep power for myself too lol. And thanks for the thoughts about the heating pad, i'll probably just stear clear of using it unless we have more than a day of power outage.

Sqooky

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Veggies will last a couple days without being refrigerated, depending on what it is. Also you can use hand warmers or hot water bottles wrapped in a blanket or towel. Doesn't provide light but it provides enough warmth for them to digest a meal. ;)

Latest posts