• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ideas? (food suggestions)

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
I hear that salads are good ways to feed your beardie vegetables. It's not the problem of what can she eat, it's what ingredients are good in salad. So far I have a made a Strawberry Basil mix, literally two ingredients, she also eats kale and parsley. So does anyone have a good beardie salad recipe? It can have a few insects in it, but I would prefer plants only. She needs to start eating more greens now that she is almost an adult.

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
I second that with Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Turnup Greens another good one to add. Fresh Green beans and you could try dandelion greens to. Mine loves those and Zach my Beardie also loves his dubias.

AKAMommyto1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have one who will eat anything I put at him, then I have a picky picky boy! I do the same for everyone (I have a Russian tort as well) just to make it easier on me. They get kale, collards always, to mix it up I will occasionally add peppers, carrots, broccoli, I’ve tried squash, strawberry, apple, and yes I cheat and add the dehydrated vegetables and fruit mix. But the favorite of all 3 is their kale and collards. I will hide the Dubai’s in there and sometimes BFSL. I have sprinkled dandelion leaves on there, given them flowers and some herbs.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
I give mine a mixture of collard greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, bell peppers, cilantro, butternut squash, sometime carrots, corn and peas. Sometime I might cut up some blueberries, apples and pineapple. Be careful with the kale because of the the calcium binder. Sometime I will also feed him some Repashy as well

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Ok...but if the reason for not feeding it as a staple has been dispelled, then why not?
Not trying to be argumentative, but we have been giving our girl kale for a main portion of her greens since we got her, and I'd like to know for a fact that it's ok or not ok.

CiriTheBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My girl has been loving turnip greens and endive greens! For veggies I mix in bell peppers a couple times a week, mango, and raspberries here and there. Those are the only things she actually eats! I’m still experimenting with other veggies for her to try since she seems picky about them.