• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I wish he'd eat!!!

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Draco has been down here in the kitched for 2 weeks now and has only eaten maybe 6 crickets in this past week, hes super skinny, hes not acting sick, just afraid...at first he was nervous, became curious and now back to scared silly, hes hiding a lot, suns under his light before bed but eats all of his collards still! His temps seem fine. Just the crickets he isnt as interested in. Hes not really shedding but his face is losing flakes slowly, it seems like if he is shedding its taking forever? not really sure what to think.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Personally I would get him to the vet for a check, at his age he shud be eating you out of house and home. If you have a hide in his viv I would remove it also as he wont be getting enough uv if he hiding all the time. Keep us updated

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
is not stress? My new guy went through this too.. total lack of interest in hunting or eating greens.. It was because I changed his habitat around way too much when i first got him 3 weeks ago. Now he is a lean mean hunting machine. its awsome watching how ferocious it attacks the crickets!

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Personally I would get him to the vet for a check, at his age he shud be eating you out of house and home. If you have a hide in his viv I would remove it also as he wont be getting enough uv if he hiding all the time. Keep us updated
I agree! I think if it was just stress, he'd be coming around by now; maybe not back to his "usual" self, but at least interested in eating!!