• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I want to get a baby beardie. Any specific recommendations for products?

What should I name it? I don't know the gender yet. (I like electric stuff, that explains the names)

• Tesla

• Coil

• Wire

Results are only viewable after voting.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, I want to get a beardie from 2-12 weeks old, does anyone have any links of cheap supplies I can get? The ones I specifically need are UVB light, Basking Light, Tank light, Thermometer, bulk live mealworms, reptile carpet, 75 gal tank, 75 gal tank lid, Food and water bowls. If anyone has any other recommendations for someone who has never had a pet please reply so I can make the dragon I will get live a happy life. Also vote for the name I should give it!

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks, I read almost that entire website. If mealworms aren't good until they're 5 months, what other types of worms could I use because I don't want anything that can jump or fly as I am scared of most bugs. I figured a 75 gal tank is worth it because eventually s/he will need a big tank when older and I don't want to buy a new tank later. I was thinking about using ZooMed Excavator but I read that it can cause impaction so I though I'd do newspaper substrate instead. Would newspaper substrate be enough to line the whole tank? I will try to potty-train the dragon (tips needed) so he only goes in a small container with sand but otherwise I would pick up the poo and if it is stuck to the newspaper I would cut out that bit and replace it. I looked on craigslist and FB and i couldnt find anything worth it. If anyone has links for places to buy from that would be very helpful, but I would also try and get as much stuff as possible from one place to save on shipping.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I found a 75 gal aqueon for 150 dollars near me. Right now I am looking for a 34" 10.0 UVB. They are out of stock at Petco so I am looking on other places online. Superworms are ok for babies?

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
What do you mean by fixture? I thought I could just plug it in and use zip ties or something to attach it. Is there something else I need to know?

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I am going to feed my baby beardie superworms until it can eat mealworms (5 months). How many superworms should I feed it per day, if this is its only food besides for plants?

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
You need at least a 20 gallon tank, I would go bigger because 20 is on sufficient when they are a baby. A UV light, and a basking bulb, Exo Terra has a deep dome fixture with both bulbs. Get some grape vines from your pet store or some branches, get a hide out too. It can be log shaped, or rock shape, whatever you want as long as your beardie can fit in it. You may have to update it as your lizard grows. Grab a food dish, and a water bowl, you will need filtered water, not tap. For your substrate use reptile carpet, and I mean carpet, no rocky carpets or sand. Sand may get into your beardie's food and build up in their gut, this can kill them. The rocky carpet may hurt their feet, considering you want a baby beardie. Get some dubia or crickets, dubia is always a top choice, but if dubia is illegal in your area get some Discoid roaches, they are a good subsitute and you can order them on Joe's Bugs. Try some wax worms, they are soft and will not hurt your lizards teeth, as they get older you can start on mealworms. Order all your bugs at the small size. And when you have your beardie out get some towels, unless its sitting on you, most beardies do not poop on their owner. Mine runs away from me to poop and comes back like nothing happened, make sure its on the towel, shake of the poop outside or in the trash and wash the towel. Then wash your hands. Hope this helped you a bit.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
As I said, I am feeding it mealworms and only mealworms. I just want to know how many per day if mealworms is the only food it eats besides for veggies.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Ok look. Mealworms are not a daily diet kind of worm especially for juveniles. The exoskeleton is harder than other worms, and can be harder for juveniles to digest. When you do feed mealworms, feed them around ten or more.

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I understand you, but I only want larve in my house because I live with my mom and sister, and they are afraid of bugs and will only let me have larve and worms. If it can jump or fly, I am not getting it. I read that mealworms are ok once they are past 5-6 months, and I am buying 4,000 superworms for the time before that. I understand you don't agree with the foods I would be feeding it, but that is what I am doing. I just want to know how much to feed.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
alright then. Feed for a minute or two, let them eat as many as they want until the minute is over. Make sure the worms fit between eye range (the space between their eyes). And because you can only do worms I recomend having a few different kinds, wax worms make good treats and you can buy them in containers.

Latest posts