• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i think my beardie is sick help!!

codythelizardb0y

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello im new here and new to the bearded dragon. i just bought a little one (nip-tail) at the pet shop by my house and he was alert and running around there and when i brought him home he was a little less active like not really moving not eating nothing so i took the crickets out and left him for a bit and tryd again nothing. So i left him for the night. Well this morniing hes not active at all his eyes are closed and have bin all day hasent eaten pooped or nothing i try bathing him and trying to get him to drink he drinks abit out of an eye dropper i use hes only about 3 inches from head to bum(cant tell how big he really is do to being a niptail) but anyways can someone please help me. Oh forgot hes in a 20 gallon now he was in a 15 and is housed on reptil eco carpet the basking temps hit a good 99-103 in basking spot and about 87 in the cool end. He doesnt know how do dribk from a water bowl yet well i havent seen him try... but i also feel him romain leafs right now but dont think he eats it and out 1/4 inch crickes im vary scared im going to lose him. Please help... i also got a 26 watt uvb bulb for desert reptiles from exo tarra. Again please help pics included thabks in advance

1402922672396.jpg 1402922579196.jpg 1402922501076.jpg

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would suggest a vet visit to get a fecal done. They are pretty cheap so its worth it. It is stressed from the move and it will take a week or 2 to come around no worries they all do it. What do you have for a uvb? the temps seem ok so you should be alright there.

codythelizardb0y

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im using a 26 watt desert uvb bulb and an intence heat light now gets at basking spot 110 should i use my old one that get to 99-103 ? And i do handle her alot now to give her baths to keep her hygrated is this ok or should i stop how can i force fluids ?

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Get to a vet, right more I say it's the move but since we don't know you want to have it checked asap.

It could just be a lazy dragon.

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
Continue using the dropper, drop water on top of nose daily. I would not handle the baby beardie much they need approximately 3days to acclimate to there new environment. So handle him as little as possible. Offer fresh veggies daily even if he doesn't eat them. Don't let crickets stay in enclosure. They can bite him while he's sleeping etc. If he doesn't eat them in 15min. Remove, actually I would try one at a time sometimes baby beardies are intimidated by multiple crickets at once. I've dealt with that issue with one of mine. Also make sure UV is direct and not through a screened top otherwise they have to be within 4 inches of it. Hope this helps!

codythelizardb0y

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks ill try today i woke up and hes more lifeless but still moves i ttyd for an hour and a half to get him to drink but dont wana hurt him by ipening the jaw. I honestly dont know what to do anymorr

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Thanks ill try today i woke up and hes more lifeless but still moves i ttyd for an hour and a half to get him to drink but dont wana hurt him by ipening the jaw. I honestly dont know what to do anymorr
id take him a vet if he just deydrated they will put a line in him to get sum fluids in him

Latest posts