• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I think I need some help

Tato

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a beardie and his name is Sir. He’s about a month old. I want to know his habitat is well build, also when I try to grab him he tries to bite me allot is that normal? If not what can I doooo??
image.jpg
image.jpg

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
looks okay overall. those temperature and humidity gauges might need to be replaced. they are known for being inaccurate (i made the same mistake!). i cant quite tell from the picture but what lights do you have? you could also give him more branches to climb on in his basking area so he can get closer to the heat lamp if he wants.

as for the biting, he’s probably just nervous and stressed from relocation. give him a few days to settle in and try again. if he still tries to bite, know it’s most likely not from agression and more likely from fear. he just needs to get used to you and his surroundings. it can take some time and it varies from dragon to dragon. he will eventually get used to you though!

Blueberry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Be great to make some notes on what is happening when he tries to bite you which will help you find trends. Bit young for hormones so it could be fear as averyhanna_ said or perhaps associating you with food. How it attempts to bite you is important. Is he running and lunging at you or is it just when your hand gets close? Is he running away from you?

Might be great to switch the basking log under the lamps and put the burrow on the cool side. Thermometers go at basking level and resting level on the cool side. Hygrometer in the center. Perhaps consider adding to the enrichment of the environment, something for him to do. They live in huge territories in the wild. There is an idea on this website about using scent (like your t-shirt) to tame. Maybe that will help.

Latest posts