• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I think i have dragon fever!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We haven't even had Iggy a month yet, but my daughter & I are so attached to him already! It's like having a new baby in the family lol.. all day at work, I can't wait to come home & see him, feed him, put the leash on the dog, Iggy on my shoulder & go for our walk. I can read him a lil bit better now, I know when he's excited, irritated, when he's had enough food, when he's mad because he wants more food but I have to stop giving him roaches because his belly is so big his feet barely touch the ground. I researched BDs for a while before I brought Iggy home & debated if it was a good idea to get another pet.. it was definitely a good decision.
I love everything about being a dragon daddy, I even get excited when I recieve a package of roaches or worms in the mail! I am officially addicted to BDs & my mind is 99.9% made up that I now want to get a female & keep her in my daughters room. No intention of ever breeding them or anything. I plan on keeping them completely separate. Is this normal? Are they like tattoos where you get 1 & then another & another & another? Every free moment of the day, I'm reading about beardies, looking at available baby beardies from every breeder I can find, looking for the best price on bugs.. my thoughts are totally consumed with these guys. I hardly watch tv since I got Iggy, Im content just watching him.
Is it just me? I can't wait to get my paycheck to go buy another tank & get it ready for the inevitable.. a baby girl beardie. 2 is it though i swear!

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
IDK, but I'm afraid you're right. I'm new to BDs, have had ours for just about as month. They had the Fire Expo in Orlando this past weekend, I wanted to go badly, but I was afraid I come home with another BD, so I didn't go.

I go to the Aquarium Annual Auction in Tampa every year, and I always go 'just to look', but I get home with a couple of boxes full of fish, some of which I don't even have a place to put them in.

Just before we got the BD, I was in the process of downsizing my aquariums, and I was doing pretty good. But now, all I think is: 'I can empty that tank, and use it for another BD.' Scary...

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Haha, ya man, there's a a reptile show coming up on the 15-16th near me & I'm dying to go. I hope I will be content once I buy our female, but I'm afraid I will end up like the old ladies with tons of cats.. ill be the crazy old dragon guy who talks to his BDs:/ I just can't get enough of em. I check on Iggy so many times throughout the day, & I love to take him out of his tank, but I know he needs his lighting so I keep his out of tank time to about 25 mins twice a day.. (is this ok?) I find myself making extra trips to the reptile store by me, just to hold some of the adults BDs. I figure we have room for 1 more, & my daughter promises to finally sleep in her own room if I put her female BD in her room.. she's a bed hog & I want to sleep comfortably again & now I have my dubias in the garage.. way to many for our lil Iggy.. Im trying to be responsible & weigh the pros & cons of another new pet, but I can't be objective, I keep rationalizing why we NEED another.

monature

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They are like Lay's chip, you cant have just one. I started with Lizzie and Spike, (Wont breed them because I wont take that chance with my baby girl, what if something happens, WHAT IF? Anyway then I rescued Willie, you can look him up on here, he went to a better place last year. Then that hugh 55 gallon tank sat empty for over a year, then just 2 and a half months ago, I couldnt resist, I got Yoyo. And yes, I do all what you were saying, always on the beardie sites.I Am so excited, ordered some hornworms, superworms and butter worms this morning from Mulberrys and I also have a hugh roach colony in my spare bedroom. THEY are very ADDICTING,
Have fun

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok! I did it! I put a down payment on a beautiful female translucent leatherback from blood bank dragons! Im driving down to lllreptiles this weekend to pick up another tank & everything I need. It will probably be 2 weeks before I can bring her home. Check her out!
NEW BABY!.JPG

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
WOW... what a beauty, she's a real knockout. I knew from the other day, you weren't going to hold back for too long.

The best of luck with her. Keep us posted buddy.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OH! I was just browsing at her picture about an hour or two ago! LOL! She looks great! I would love to have another one, but no space for another. And Allie's an attention grabber now. :) She's shedding her tail, legs, head, and neck! And I think my bird turned out to be a girl. LOL! All this time, we've been calling her Pretty Boy. What the heck! A girl named Pretty Boy! :) LOL!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Haha, ya I couldn't help myself! I called & spoke to Josh, he was awesome, I told him what I wanted & he took the time & answered all my questions & helped me decide on the right one for us. I'm so excited! I can't wait to surprise my daughter & make her keep her promise & sleep in her own room! Sleep at last!

Latest posts