• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need iguana care info....

bamafan2112

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok, long story short, a friend of mine has a growing iguana. The plan was originally to have a smaller cage while it was growing, but it has outgrown its cage. Because of moving to a smaller home and having to tighten the belt a bit as far as finances go, he will not be able to afford the proper housing and needs to find a new home for the iguana.

Here's where I step in: I'm a lover of all critters and would be willing to adopt the iguana. However, I am not going to adopt it if I can not properly care for her (something both me and him are dead set on, of coruse).

So, where can I get the best information for iguana care (habitat, diet, handling, etc.). ANY information I can get from expert iguana pet owners would be great! Please give me any and all advice before I decide if I can properly take care of her. Thanks for your time.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beautiful creatures. Quite a bit to take on.
how old is she? What kind? Candice has good info on rock igs, and i did some green igs for years.

not that her age matters much, unless you intend on changing caging every few months......until you run out of sizes available.....you might as well plan on building her one. That takes space, and quite a bit of it.

so what all do you need to know?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i would be more than happy to help out on any iguanas that are of the cycluras (rock iguanas)

Latest posts