• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all,
My female bearded dragon, Liz, is having some difficulty's... All of these are fairly new developments.

Tipping over in bath,
Lethargic; but still responsive,
Odd shedding; one scale at a time,
Losing muscle quickly; but her weight hasn't changed a lot. Just weighed her 386 Grams, found an old note from 2016 wasn't too far from that number.
Not basking without me putting her there,
Hiding in her hide most of the time,
UVB, 100 watt bulb, 104 basking temp, 76 cool side,

Diet:
Mixed veggies,
Blueberries whenever possible,
Dandelion greens,
Mustard greens,
Superworms every day to try and help her gain weight,
Calcium every day or every other day with Bee Pollen and Spirulina.

She is six years old, too.

Thanks to any responses!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How is she today?? The tipping over, lethargic, loosing muscle mass behavior is not normal I would have her seen by a reptile vet and do a fecal sample as well..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Flipping over is a sign of neurological issues. When they get older they tend to shed one spot at a time so that isn't abnormal. How old is your UVB bulb and what type of bulb is it?I would do a vet visit and blood work to see what is going on. I get what you are trying to do with the super worms, but they are high in fat and feeding to many can cause fatty liver disease and kidney problems. I would just feed a variety of other bugs to help put on weight.

Latest posts