• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need a way to explain why you can't cohab beardies!!!

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
I done told my bf beardies are dominance ruled animals. We started with our male Bruce and I came home to find a female lily, in his tank with him. My bf won't understand why "when then seem to enjoy each others company" you shouldn't cohab them. And I need a flat statement that will make him understand. A pic below is what he took that makes him feel he should keep them together...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362812390.119704.jpg

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
Nevermind I showed him pix of beardies fighting n he chsnged his tune.

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
The pictures certainly do tell the horrific truth which if anyone ignored then quite honestly they shouldn't be able to own a BD IMO

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
Exactly! And yet he still sorta thinks they enjoyed each others company. But we have her in another 20gl all set up now. He'll live lol.

-Vincent Van Gogh-

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad he's changed his tone. I shuddered to think of having two beardies cohabing with each other. They may get along first, but after that, it's the dominance factor and how they interact with each other.

I would not even think of giving Allie a friend that's alive. Her stuffed lovey's the only friend she needs to cuddle up to.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Good job; Dizzy; Keep up the good work and sooner or later he will catch on-maybe he's a slow learner lol-Lots of pics on the net showing the damage with 2-dragons living together and bring him here to read and discuss. River-7

beardieparents7780

Bearded Dragon Egg
They're babies ... Beardies arent social reptiles they will most likely have issues and possibly fight. :( I have a 6x2x2 enclosure but its divided in half. They need their own space and territory. Question is are you always there watching? Prob not so its best to keep them apart. 2 females are more successful but why risk it? :)
632373BC-4FAB-4C8C-9086-050CF28766A7-7755-00000147F25D2D7E_zpsb143ecbb.jpg

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
Indeed. We ended up giving Lily to a new home.. He just wouldn't come to terms with the fact that you can't and shouldn't cohab beardies, and instead of risking him just tossing her in there I figured we'd be better off as a 1 beardie household for now... Plus Bruce will get all the nomnoms to himself now!!! ;)

-Vincent Van Gogh-

Really killed me to let her go, but it was the best thing for her in the end...

Latest posts