• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need a new uvb light setup t5 Sadie I know you are good at that stuff

Parker S

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just need a new uvb light setup if someone can find a uvb light that’s 20 inches and a hood that goes with it I feel like my bearded dragon would benefit from it I made the mistake of giving him a t8 on the top of the tank but after watching a lot of new videos t5 is way better. All the pet stores have around me is t8. Can someone please help me,
Have a great day

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just need a new uvb light setup if someone can find a uvb light that’s 20 inches and a hood that goes with it I feel like my bearded dragon would benefit from it I made the mistake of giving him a t8 on the top of the tank but after watching a lot of new videos t5 is way better. All the pet stores have around me is t8. Can someone please help me,
Have a great day
For a 40+ gallon tank a 24" fixture will work - I would recommend getting either a Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 - this will come w/a 5.0 bulb you can keep it as a spare but the placement and distance for this bulb is different from the 10.0 - or you can get a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - if the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door it will need to go inside the tank - 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor - if its a wide holed type of screen it can sit on top w/ the distance of 8-10 inches directly over the basking decor

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I dont know of any fixtures that are T 5's 20" long - most I have seen are all T 8's

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Have a great day
Hi; We rescue and rehome and YES the Reptisun 10.0 T5 is the best & gives off the proper/best UVB. Order from Amazon, Carolina cages, Wallmart or a specialty pet store.

Latest posts