• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i have a regular 55 gallon fish tank

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he can live in a 55 gallon however it will take a larger heat source to achieve the proper hot and cool side temps or you could divide the tank somehow. also, as a baby, they dont see very well so stay with him when you feed and "shoo" the crickets towards him to make sure he can see his prey. its my opinion that people should do that anyway so the larger tank is a little more work but will be fine until you can get the appropriate size.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
thank you and for heat i have a 125w exo terra solar glo and two fluoroscent bulbs and two temperature probs and a humidifier reader and i feed him crickets in a smaller bin and dubias and small mealworms in his tank and he gets greens daily even though he doesn't eat them i could take a picture of his set up and show you

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
With Tanks, the most important thing is floor space. A 8month +, old dragon needs at least 36" X 18".

If they are younger and not full grown you can temporarily get away with a smaller floor space. Most experienced owners end up building their own VIV that is even larger, My guys viv is 50" X 26" X 24".

Fliehigh

Latest posts