• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i got a larger tank!

amygeee

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
here is a before...
100_2880.jpg

and i just bought this one today...
100_2904.jpg

it is almost twice as long and a few inches taller.
i realize that as Luna gets older i will have to buy an even larger tank,
but for now this is perfect.
i am hoping she will have more space to explore and run around. :)

i also bought a thermometer and a humidity gauge.
as you can see the thermometer is at the top in the left hand corner
and is reading about 101 degrees farenheight. the pet store that i got my beardie
told me that they loveeeeee the heat and that the shop keeps their cages 95,
but im scared. the thermometer is way at the top though.
100_2907.jpg

this is the brand that both thermometer and humidity gauge are^^

the humidity gauge is placed at the bottom right hand corner right next to the water bowl, and
i am beginning to think that this may not be correct because duhhhhhh water is humid.
it's reading "tropical" and coming in at about 85.

any suggestions about where to put my humidity gauge
and how to handle my heat problem?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new viv! Your beardie will love the extra space.

Hate to say it, but a digital probe thermometer is really ideal for gaging temps. This allows you to check the temps on the cool side, the basking spot and the hot side. You can pick them up really cheap at WalMart. Just a couple of bucks.

For babies, you will want the basking temp between 105 and 110F. The hot side should be around 95-100F. And the cool side should be around 85F. Night temps should not fall below 65F.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just to back up what renee said she is correct you need a probe digital thermometer or a laser thermometer (point and shoot style). The gauge therms that stick on the wall like what you have there can be off by as much as 20 degrees and they only measure ambient temps they do not measure specific points. The area you want the temp the highest is at their basking site not the air around the basking site.