• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i cant hold her T_T

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
so yea today i havnt really been able to hold onto my dragon. she will let me pick her up in the cage, but as soon as i lift her up above it she freaks. maybe she thinks im going to take her back into the sink idk. im kind of depressed. i used to be able to hold her for awhile before she gets restless. i really would like to experience the things you all are, with them showing affection and everything. im really let down.

also on a side note. she just started licking everything in her cage. all the fake plants, and the rocks. everything.

help

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If you got lifted 10 feet in the air, you would freak too :) Calm down. Make sure to support all her limbs when you lift her, so she feels as safe and secure as posiible. Try resting her against your chest, so she has something to grip onto. Licking is normal. This is how they explore and check out their surroundings, sort of like how cats and dogs will sniff/lick you. And the restless thing. She is a young dragon, and probably is curious, and wants to explore. It's not because she doesn't like you, but because she wants to run and play and check things out. Give her time. Hold her closer to her bedtime and she will most likely be calmer. :3

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i did hold a little bit ago and she crawled up my arm and started licking me. then didnt want to get off. so i guess shes ok. thanks

Latest posts