• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

i am not sure what feed him

sunny_the_beardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay so read somewhere that you can give your beardie frozen mixed veggies can they have corn and carrot and grean beans what about green bell pepper i need to get him on some greens today i got him yesterday so yeah what can i give him that does not cost a fortune

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Here is a link that will provide you with a very good lists of veggies and things you can get for Sunny. Please check your other thread because I replied to is and incuding some other links and info that will be helpful to you in getting things right for Sunny:) Stick to the ones highlighted in green as your staple everyday things and you can add in other things on the list for variety and treats.

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Have a great day!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just off the top of my head good staple greens you can buy at almost any store would be mustard greens and collard greens.

refrigeration will keep them good for about a week if you wrap them in damp paper towls. i buy mustard greens once a week for $1 and he never eats them all, heck its so much i cant even feed it all to my crickets/roaches.

sunny_the_beardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks to both of you Mungi's Buddha I do not feed him live crickets he eagerly eats pre-dead ones i think that might have been something he ate at the place we got him and they are the moist crickets we also have a few wax worms for treats he eats about 15-20 crickets and i put his veggies on the cold side we went and got him some kale which form what i understand is just collard greens i tried to find out if there were more but i couldnt find anything is there other collord greens because i saw that is said to feed kale occasionally so yeah i also got him carrots cucumber and parsley i wanted to get cactus but i dont know where to find it also are turnip greens just the leaves of the turnip plant? thats about it but thank you again to the both of you

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome to BDF, the most helpful forum on the web.

Yes, I also buy Kale at Wal-Mart for .98 cents, and it last a whole week fresh, in a wet plastic bag. I'm probably throwing out almost half of it every week.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Kale and Collard greens are definitely two different plants and of the two Collard Greens would be the better to feed as a staple. You can feed Mustard greens and turnip greens too along with dandelion greens.Most of these greens are readily available at most grocery stores and super walmarts and appear to be a common favorite of a lot of beardies:)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I choose mustard greens cuz of the smell. Once ripped up or cut they smell very strong to us and even more so to our little ones. They find it much more easy from its smell.

Latest posts