• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’m new to this help please

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No he has been just laying flat in random spots. He looks like he has no energy but I can’t get him to eat. Its been 3 days since he took bugs. Only a few nibbles of greens I fed him.
Get the repti boost as Emilia suggested -- make sure hes hydrated -- he needs to stay hydrated to eat --- please post a pic of the tank and lighting

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This all he does lately. He lost weight.
Get him off the floor and get him on something soft under his basking light and UVB did you at the distance I recommended --- he does not look good at all ---- you need to start w / giving water and go get some repti boost or start feeding him some slurry of veggies --- mix w/ water so its soupy and feed very slowly so he does not aspirate ---

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get him off the floor and get him on something soft under his basking light and UVB did you at the distance I recommended --- he does not look good at all ---- you need to start w / giving water and go get some repti boost or start feeding him some slurry of veggies --- mix w/ water so its soupy and feed very slowly so he does not aspirate ---
We’re at the vet rn. He was like that when I came home from work.

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please let me know how it goes
Spike has parasites. She said there’s no way I could’ve known he had it. She says they hide it until it becomes physically visible that he’s sick and it’s usually too late. I fed him all gut loaded bugs so she thinks he was like that when I got him. I’m so sad I tried really hard to take care of him.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Spike has parasites. She said there’s no way I could’ve known he had it. She says they hide it until it becomes physically visible that he’s sick and it’s usually too late. I fed him all gut loaded bugs so she thinks he was like that when I got him. I’m so sad I tried really hard to take care of him.
How did she get a fecal to do the test? Where is Spike now?

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear that, will he be ok?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe its touch and go.

I was able to hand fed him bugs and he ate them all. He pooped right before we left so the vet suggested I bring it.
Where is he now and how is he doing?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok keep me posted on him in the meantime get your UVB situated so when he comes home he comes home to a tank that is properly set up - if you need help please ask

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sending all the love and hope to the little guy! He got this in the bag and will be coming home to you soon!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
There is a basking buld and a uvb that is on the right where his rock is. Yes the nocturnal bulb is red.
Get rid of the red light, bearded dragons have a 3rd eye on the top of their head. That red light can damage their eyes. What are you using to monitor your temperature. I highly recommend a temp gun

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
10 gallon and my temps are a bit off. Is that why he’s not eating?
I recommend getting a 40 Gallon Breeder enclosure, if you have a Petco in your area they are doing that 1$ a gallon sale. So a 40 gallon breeder will only cost you $40.00. One thing you will notice is they grow fast

Godzilla mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon got tired of crickets she wouldn't eat them for a while so I had to switch to wax worms and dubia roaches. But make sure the temperature is where it needs to be as well

Joesmom

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I second the dehydration issue - that is, if the lighting fix doesn’t help - especially if yours doesn’t drink in the bath or anywhere else. Ours doesn’t drink at all and only gets liquids from food, so when she stopped eating greens and appetite decreased for crickets several months ago she slowly just lost fluids I guess.
Here’s the full explanation I posted on another user’s question just FYI in case you have to go this route:

Could also be dehydration - our BD acted similarly and when taken to vet found out possibly dehydrated. We syringe fed (look up how first) a little watered down pedialyte several times a day and fed hornworms once a week or so for 4-6 weeks and noticed improvement. She acts normally now. Of course I woudnt start this without some idea of if that could be the case with yours. Our vet did bloodwork. But in all honesty she had been not eating as well because of a tank upgrade (they tend to pout sometimes when their environment is changed), which led to her going off her greens (she’d never loved them but had eaten them here and there but completely stopped and would only eat a few crickets every few days), so hydration was obviously lacking. Good luck and hope you can figure it out.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I recommend getting a 40 Gallon Breeder enclosure, if you have a Petco in your area they are doing that 1$ a gallon sale. So a 40 gallon breeder will only cost you $40.00. One thing you will notice is they grow fast
We actually found out that the little guy has a bad case of parasites and is staying at the vet until he gets better, the owner is super worried but will keep us updated on his condition.

Latest posts