• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hydration?

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mist a few times a week? bath? water dish??

I have gotten mixed signals on how to administer the right amount of H2O to Orion.

any help please?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mist a few times a week? bath? water dish??

I have gotten mixed signals on how to administer the right amount of H2O to Orion.

any help please?
Personally I bathe mine. None of my 6 like to drink from a water bowl and you have to be careful with misting as it can cause respitory problems for them if it becomes too humid.
I bathe them everyday and they sometimes drink in the bath, sometimes they dont, but they usually always poop in the bath.
This just my routine, everyone has their own, you just have to work out what will be best for you :)

Spikeithard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
how do you bathe them? Im affraid of the sink or bathtub because of germs left over or tooth paste residue ect.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I put them onto the bath or sink depending on how much time I have. I just give it a clean & good rinse before I bath them and then a good clean with bleach then an antibacterial kitchen/bathroom cleaner afterwards. I have been doing it this way for 3 years now and they are ok, never had any problems from their baths.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i bathe every couple of days (generally everyday when shedding), i mist every day and l also provide a water dish. I've never seen Yoda drink from it but quite often l find him soaking in it. Also he has gone back to pooping in the water dish so it makes it easier to keep the tank clean :)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I bath them in the sink also dont like misting cuz it increases humidity unless you have a well ventilated enclosure

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a water bowl big enough for them to get into in every cage. I have always used them and so far I have not had any humidity issues. most of my dragons soak themselves and the ones that dont get soaked in the sink about twice a week.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Both of my beardies have their own water bowl and they can fit into them to and lay down in. My oldest loves to swin in hers when she wants and other beardie lays in hers whenever she wants.

Latest posts