• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hurt himself?

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
So about a minute ago Alex knocked on the glass of his cage a few times by his light. Which i figured means he wants me to turn out the lights. (He knows his bedtime by now). Instead of waiting for me to go turn out the light he decides to jump towards the light to try and see if he could turn it off. While quite comical seeing him jump almost to the top and landing on his feet, im worried he may have hurt himself on the inside maybe? He isnt showing any signs of pain but it did just happen. Is there any way a 16 inch fall could hurt Alex internally?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He should be fine. Dexter is always falling off the coffee table in a big thud, she always just looks up, smiles and runs away!

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah mine jumped about the same distance from my hand an then THEN he started bobbin his head at me as if he d dominated an got one over on me ....grr naughty specs.... heart attacks go hand in hand with our lovely friends I've come to realise :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I know how you feel. Today I came home for lunch and found Dexter on the floor of her tank, flat on her belly with one of her legs on her log, looking very upset. The suction cup her hammock came off and she fell straight down! When I moved her log she still kept her leg up and when I touched it it was limp. I picked her up and gave her the once over she was perfectly fine! They look so delicate but are very tough little critters!

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
What made me laugh is how he knocked on the glass to tell me to turn the light off and then tried to do it himself hahahaha

Latest posts