• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hummus?! BAD LOKI, BAD!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was eating hummus with pretzel chips on my bed, and I guess I forgot to put Loki away and he was still walking around my floor. I know it's probably not good to let him have free reign in my room, but he's never gotten lost or anything.... but anyway.

I got up to go to the bathroom, came back and found him sitting my bed snacking on hummus! It's a blended dip made out of chickpeas, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper and some kind of tree nuts... none of which is particularly good for a dragon >_> But he ate a lot (like at least a tablespoon) of it and seemed to like it as he turned bright orange, and I swear he was smirking at me. So I wiped it off his face and sat him on his basking log, but now he's tankdancing like he wants to come out.

Long story short: Lizard ate middle-eastern chickpea dip. Is he going to die now? :(

Gail

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't think there is anything in Hummus that will kill him but he could get a tummy ache or a bad case of the runs from it. What a silly dragon but at least he has good taste, the garlic/pepper hummus is the best.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well... I'd say someone will have a loose stool for a day or so.. other than that.. I'd say Loki will be fine.

I can just imagine Loki's face covered with that hummus... lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
YUM...Hummus.

good choice in food Loki...that is if you were a person

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
XD Yup, he does have good taste. He's very bad, though. And it was comical seeing him with hummus all over his beard, but I didn't take a picture since I was in a hurry to get him back in his tank.

No poop yet, but I'm not looking forward to the smell. Whatever he produces after eating garlic hummus doesn't sound like it's going to be pleasant. :'(

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad I don't have to see, clean or smell that one. I can only imagine how bad that is going to be.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No cause for alarm here, but garlic causes anemia in reptiles. You'll want to pay close attention for weight loss, and discoloration, lack of appetite.

Latest posts