• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity

MaryyJane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure where to post this...
I have tested my digital thermometer/hygrometer two different ways to test humidity and im coming up with 2 different percentages for the humidity... what are other ways to test it? They are quite a bit off from each other.

I have tried the wet wash cloth and the salt in a lid methods.. any others..?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure where to post this...
I have tested my digital thermometer/hygrometer two different ways to test humidity and im coming up with 2 different percentages for the humidity... what are other ways to test it? They are quite a bit off from each other.

I have tried the wet wash cloth and the salt in a lid methods.. any others..?
The most accurate humidity hygrometer is a digital probe one- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank--your going to get different readings on the cools side and the hot side- optimal humidity is 40-50%

MaryyJane

Bearded Dragon Egg
The most accurate humidity hygrometer is a digital probe one- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank--your going to get different readings on the cools side and the hot side- optimal humidity is 40-50%
Well when trying to calibrate it I'm getting two different readings. What are some probes that are recommended? The ones I've tried are way off

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Latest posts