• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Hi I recently changed substrate from paper towel to beardie life sand/clay mixture, it spiked humidity to 70+ and I have removed some and brought it down to 60%. I put it in on Monday lunch time it’s now Wednesday. I’ve heard it will drop by itself in a few days but wanted a bit of advice as it seems to rise during the day

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I recently changed substrate from paper towel to beardie life sand/clay mixture, it spiked humidity to 70+ and I have removed some and brought it down to 60%. I put it in on Monday lunch time it’s now Wednesday. I’ve heard it will drop by itself in a few days but wanted a bit of advice as it seems to rise during the day
Usually sand is not recommended at all especially w/ babies impaction is too great --- adults is better so not sure how old the dragon is but if its a baby I would take it out for now- as far as humidity it should dry out I am thinking but I have really never used sand in my tanks at all --- I would keep an eye on it and see if it continues to drop - are you using a digital probe hygrometer? It should be on the back wall of the tank in the center - they are the most accurate - analogs are always off

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Usually sand is not recommended at all especially w/ babies impaction is too great --- adults is better so not sure how old the dragon is but if its a baby I would take it out for now- as far as humidity it should dry out I am thinking but I have really never used sand in my tanks at all --- I would keep an eye on it and see if it continues to drop - are you using a digital probe hygrometer? It should be on the back wall of the tank in the center - they are the most accurate - analogs are always off
He is about 7 months old, the hygrometer is on the back wall and that reads 47% now ideally I would like it to drop further, the substrate is designed for beardies and I’ve been reluctant to change it but paper towels were just not good enough anymore due to ripping and generally making a mess, he seems to love this new stuff. Here’s a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is about 7 months old, the hygrometer is on the back wall and that reads 47% now ideally I would like it to drop further, the substrate is designed for beardies and I’ve been reluctant to change it but paper towels were just not good enough anymore due to ripping and generally making a mess, he seems to love this new stuff. Here’s a pic
As along as hes not eating it the rocks etc --- 47% is great --- however I would recommend you move the UVB off the back wall it should be directly over him -- what bulb are you using ? T 5 or a T 8 and the brand of the UVB please

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
As along as hes not eating it the rocks etc --- 47% is great --- however I would recommend you move the UVB off the back wall it should be directly over him -- what bulb are you using ? T 5 or a T 8 and the brand of the UVB please
I think the picture makes it look like it attached to the wall infact it’s just pushed off the wall as it’s hanging from the cables, he’s growing like crazy so I assume it’s not a problem? It’s Arcadia desert 12% and t5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think the picture makes it look like it attached to the wall infact it’s just pushed off the wall as it’s hanging from the cables, he’s growing like crazy so I assume it’s not a problem? It’s Arcadia desert 12% and t5
ok so that is a great UVB -- please change the bulb out in approx 10 - 11 months distance directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches --

Latest posts