• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity up!!

MissMissy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, i am new! I am also a new reptile owner, but its not my first ball game. I used to help run a pet store, so i have some wits about animals in general. However we got us a baby bearded dragon today, i got him all set up and it has been set up for about 3 hours now. He is in a 10 gallon with a 50watt sun glo lamp. The temp is 82, but the humidity is 52% i know this is a little high, im not too sure what to do about it tho. I live in a very high humid place as it is, so im sure it doesnt help. Any help would be great

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I dont know that you can do much but run a dehumidifer in the room that you have your Dragon in. Also a 10g tank is pretty small for houseing you should have a basking area of about 110 and a cool side around 80 it pretty tough to acheive this in a smaller tank.

Welcome to the forum glad to have ya.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
10 gallon is way to small. by the time you get proper basking temp, your cool side will be too high. please consider at least a 20 gallon for a juvie and then a 40 gallon for an adult. the bigger the tank the better the air flow.

Latest posts