• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HUMIDITY LEVEL

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
i need advice about the humidity levels. I just got the thermometer that has the temp and the humidity level.. The humidity level was around 35 and when I turn the lights off for Rocco to go to sleep it shoots up to about 60. And I was researching and found it's suppose to be between 20-30. How do I lower the humidity !? I'm panicking that he's going to get sick.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
where do you live? do you have a water bowl in the tank? it seems odd that the humidity would increase that dramatically that quickly. how old is Rocco? (from the photo i would guess maybe a couple of months, but photo could be old) How long have you had him?

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
where do you live? do you have a water bowl in the tank? it seems odd that the humidity would increase that dramatically that quickly. how old is Rocco? (from the photo i would guess maybe a couple of months, but photo could be old) How long have you had him?

I live in Long Beach NY.. And Rocco is only a couple months old! I got him this past Saturday, I haven't had him for a week yet. I'm very nervous of him getting sick

keriann

Bearded Dragon Egg
I live in Long Beach NY.. And Rocco is only a couple months old! I got him this past Saturday, I haven't had him for a week yet. I'm very nervous of him getting sick

And I do have a water dos in the bowl. I'm going to takeout out tonight to see if the humidity will go down

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - neither of mine have water bowls. if the humidity in your house is high (ya might want to check that) you can try putting a small fan in his tank - mount it out of his reach, please. I'm still thinkin that it's not right that the humidity goes up that far that fast. let's take 1 step at a time, tho. Hope there's someone else on the forum from your area who can help with de-humidification. I live in Tucson Az. Humidity not so much of a problem here :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Take the water bowl out of the tank at night. It's normal for the humidity to go up at night a bit because you don't have the sun aka lights, drying the tank out. I've heard about people filling a sock with rice and putting it in the tank and that helps keep the humidity down. I've never tried it though.

Latest posts