• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Humidity control

Angelvamp41

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, as summer ends here in the Pacific Northwest the rain season begins which means high humidity outside which I know will make it challenging to control humidity in my enclosure. I have already had some trouble with high humidity at night as fall sets in and I have a air-conditioner/ dehumidifier that I run but it makes the room to cold to run it at night. I know right husbandry is important for my beardie so I was wondering what does everyone do to control humidity in high humidity areas. Thank you in advance everyone!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone, as summer ends here in the Pacific Northwest the rain season begins which means high humidity outside which I know will make it challenging to control humidity in my enclosure. I have already had some trouble with high humidity at night as fall sets in and I have a air-conditioner/ dehumidifier that I run but it makes the room to cold to run it at night. I know right husbandry is important for my beardie so I was wondering what does everyone do to control humidity in high humidity areas. Thank you in advance everyone!
How are you taking the humidity levels and where do you have it placed? Humidity levels can be as high as 70% but no higher- daytime normal is 35-40 % -- you can use a dehumidifier -- try a rice sack in the tank - make sure your hygrometer is in the center back wall of tank --how old is the hygrometer sometimes they need to be recalibrated - you can find out how to do that on google - I use a digital probe hygrometer so the probe is in the tank back center wall -

Angelvamp41

Bearded Dragon Egg
How are you taking the humidity levels and where do you have it placed? Humidity levels can be as high as 70% but no higher- daytime normal is 35-40 % -- you can use a dehumidifier -- try a rice sack in the tank - make sure your hygrometer is in the center back wall of tank --how old is the hygrometer sometimes they need to be recalibrated - you can find out how to do that on google - I use a digital probe hygrometer so the probe is in the tank back center wall -
I use a thrive digital hydrometer that is placed on the cool side of the tank, cause of how my background is I can't put it right in the middle. I got the hydrometer right when I got my beardie so only 5 months. I do use a humidifier and her tank is place up high on my dresser but it is near a window. Problem is I would not have any where else to put her. I will have to try a rice sack though.

tortadon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not to worry. I live in the low country of South Carolina and the humidity usually is 50 percent and up. It just means your beardie will never worry about dry skin.
Mine like to swim a lot in fresh water not the ocean.

Latest posts