• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to stop my Beardie from pooping on stuff

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All!
I apologize for the silly sounding title but that's exactly what I am dealing with right now. My Beardie seems to hate pooping in his tank. He will do it if he needs to do so but he prefers not to. I've noticed he typically will want to poop twice a week and he does so when I soak him in warm water. However, sometimes when I take him out, when I am just chilling with him he will decide that it is an appropriate time to poop. He has pooped on me twice! Once on my dining table, and once on my study table! I did change his feeding from once to twice daily so that maybe why he is pooping more often but the thing is I want to be able to take him out and relax with him without fear of being crapped on. Do I need to soak him everytime I take him out? He also hates the water...what the heck do i do?

Sabrina Champion

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All!
I apologize for the silly sounding title but that's exactly what I am dealing with right now. My Beardie seems to hate pooping in his tank. He will do it if he needs to do so but he prefers not to. I've noticed he typically will want to poop twice a week and he does so when I soak him in warm water. However, sometimes when I take him out, when I am just chilling with him he will decide that it is an appropriate time to poop. He has pooped on me twice! Once on my dining table, and once on my study table! I did change his feeding from once to twice daily so that maybe why he is pooping more often but the thing is I want to be able to take him out and relax with him without fear of being crapped on. Do I need to soak him everytime I take him out? He also hates the water...what the heck do i do?
Keep putting him in the bath, our beardie (raptor) didn’t like the water either but we just put him in it daily to get him use to it and now he just chills! But the water is also 95 degrees! Make sure the bath water is hot!

FriezaSama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Be ready for him since you know when hes going to poop have a dish towel or paper towel under him - thats what i do ---- how old is he? You said your feeding him 2 times a day now? And yes eating more he will poop more -- you should be glad hes pooping a lot of us have issues w/ them not pooping for months which is common- they poop every day when babies but as they get older they dont poop as often - if he doesnt like the water dont bath him unless you haft to like getting poop off of him -- you can mist him in his tank --- is he drinking from the bath when bathing him as that is how he is hydrating himself -- you dont want to take that away --- if he drinks from a water dish that is good ---- you can also rinse the greens off before you serve them and he will get hydration from that as well as gut loaded bugs --- but you do need to make sure he stays hydrated --- you can tell by his poop -- white urate that is not chalky and dry and the dark poop needs to be well formed and moist looking
He is 5 months old he will be turning 6 months on 11/04. He gets offered greens everyday (he doesn't always eat them)and he gets fed bugs 2x a day on Tues, Wed, Sat, Sun and he is given bugs once a day on Mon, Thurs, and Friday. He does not drink from a water bowl but he does drink from a yorker squirt bottle. The main frustration is not knowing if he is going to **** on me or not. Initially I thought he would just **** twice a week so I would bathe him those days, but twice he has pooped not in accordance with this schedule. So now I am always scared if he's going to poop on me or not every time I take him out to just handle him.

Latest posts