• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to heat a bigger tank

csjstokes

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi everyone! I have been away for awhile - hope all of you are doing well!
here's a quick question...
I just moved Pete to a 40 gallon breeder tank which is bigger than he had - he is growing so fast!
so Im wondering what is the best setup to keep it heated properly? should I add another lamp? or just use a higher watt bulb? or both?
I just want to make sure his temps are good in the bigger tank...

thanks so much and hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tend to use house hold flood lights myself..
Congrates on the larger tank and growing baby !

csjstokes

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks - he has gotten so big!! :)

do i need a special fixture for a household flood light?
what wattage are you using?
are you using more than one?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I use the ceramic based fixture, which is rated for temps around 250*F. As for the watt of bulb... one enclosure has a 100, the other two are using a 75 each.
It all depends on your house ambient temps.. and the size of the enclosure..
Hope this helps.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
http://www.lowes.com/pd_102355-337-MT125W_0_?productId=1205525&Ntt=ceramic+flood+light+fixture&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=15$No=225$Ntt=ceramic%20flood%20light%20fixture$identifier=

Latest posts