• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how to gain weight?

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my little beardie isnt getting any bigger and isnt gaining weight and i was wondering if there is somthing that can help him start gaining weight... i feed him crickets, mixed greens, and the food at the pet store... he eats non-stop but doesnt get any bigger... im ordering roaches tomorrow but is that going to help?

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am pretty new to dragons but have read that roaches are much better food source than crickets so should help. If you are feeding crickets make sure to feed in another container or that you take any left overs out! I had a couple hide on me and breed inside my container, VERY stressful to the dragon becuase the crickets BITE. I now only feed live food in another container. Only greens go into the enclosure. I have my little guy on reptiworms, no shells. He seems to love them and they are high in calcium and food value. His little belly always looks full... lol. Waiting for him to take off on the growth chart also, but only had him 2 wks now :0) Good Luck.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my little beardie isnt getting any bigger and isnt gaining weight and i was wondering if there is somthing that can help him start gaining weight... i feed him crickets, mixed greens, and the food at the pet store... he eats non-stop but doesnt get any bigger... im ordering roaches tomorrow but is that going to help?
Are u providing calcium & vitamins as well?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
roaches have more meat to them so they should help. also baby super worms once a week as a treat because they are high in fat. Also let him eat as much as he cxan twice or three times a day. i feed mine 15 roaches twice a day with greens inbetween feedings and he still is hungry:)

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
has your guy ever had a fecal float to test for parasites?

Latest posts