• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to entertain?

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
How do you entertain a bearded dragon? Mine goes nuts in the morning and early afternoon, all over his tank, knocking stuff over and banging against the glass. I have started taking him out during the day while I’m working in my basement office, it’s the only safe place to take him out because I have cats and dogs. I let him run around for like 45 min and he spends all his time trying to escape the room. When I put him back in the tank he’s chill for like an hour then crazy again so I take him out. After about 1 or 2 o’clock he calms down and just chills in his tank. He obviously wants out and probably wants some kind of stimulation but I don’t know how to entertain him.
780E5492-016B-4748-8FBA-1DEC10968CDC.jpeg
FAA67DD8-227A-49CA-AE1B-830FEADBF805.jpeg780E5492-016B-4748-8FBA-1DEC10968CDC.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can you go over your lighting with us and diet so we can rule out those two major things? I too have a restless beardie, she demands outside time every day or else she’ll go on a hunger strike, she acts especially crazy right before a poo, then will be completely calm till she hears me get home, she then proceeds to act like a complete psychopath, thrashing , climbing her walls to let me know she wants out, i then let her outside in our screened in deck area and she sits still for the rest of the day, in one spot.... completely calm, questions does the tank itself get lots of traffic? Walking by it, other animals, etc. that might make him want to get out.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Hi ...with what I read it seems your little guy is stressed (running to and fro, knocking things over and banging on his glass. Is he black bearding in any way? What are his viv temps? Is he eating, pooping ?

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi ...with what I read it seems your little guy is stressed (running to and fro, knocking things over and banging on his glass. Is he black bearding in any way? What are his viv temps? Is he eating, pooping ?
Eating and pooping fine, yeah black beard. I thought maybe his reflection was stressing him out, but I covered all the glass with paper and he had the same reaction. It’s about 105-110 under his heat lamp, 75-80 on the other side. I’ve run out of ideas on what he wants.

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you go over your lighting with us and diet so we can rule out those two major things? I too have a restless beardie, she demands outside time every day or else she’ll go on a hunger strike, she acts especially crazy right before a poo, then will be completely calm till she hears me get home, she then proceeds to act like a complete psychopath, thrashing , climbing her walls to let me know she wants out, i then let her outside in our screened in deck area and she sits still for the rest of the day, in one spot.... completely calm, questions does the tank itself get lots of traffic? Walking by it, other animals, etc. that might make him want to get out.
100w heat lamp, about 105-110 in his basking spot, 75-80 on the other side. Running a reprising 10.0 UVB T5 HO for the rest of the tank. Food he gets collard greens and freeze dried crickets everyday, those are his favorite, with that I sprinkle in some fruit and other bugs both alive and canned. He’s calmer right now but I don’t think he likes my bright orange hat.C77CB642-15D1-44C8-A093-8977C7B9A2ED.jpegA7F5D09A-A3D4-4277-936A-6C0E99FD6673.jpeg

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
100w heat lamp, about 105-110 in his basking spot, 75-80 on the other side. Running a reprising 10.0 UVB T5 HO for the rest of the tank. Food he gets collard greens and freeze dried crickets everyday, those are his favorite, with that I sprinkle in some fruit and other bugs both alive and canned. He’s calmer right now but I don’t think he likes my bright orange hat.View attachment 26495View attachment 26496
he's adorable lol

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Eating and pooping fine, yeah black beard. I thought maybe his reflection was stressing him out, but I covered all the glass with paper and he had the same reaction. It’s about 105-110 under his heat lamp, 75-80 on the other side. I’ve run out of ideas on what he wants.
Sorry to hear your guy might be stressing. Sounds like your temps are good. Is there anything new in the tank? Is it a new tank? My guy tends to stress if I add anything new. That's why his tank is so sparse on deco. lol

I added paper to the sides of his tank and he stressed because he couldn't people watch us in the evening. Had to take one side down. Silly boy.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry to hear your guy might be stressing. Sounds like your temps are good. Is there anything new in the tank? Is it a new tank? My guy tends to stress if I add anything new. That's why his tank is so sparse on deco. lol

I added paper to the sides of his tank and he stressed because he couldn't people watch us in the evening. Had to take one side down. Silly boy.
Yes they are ridiculous that way lol

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
how old is your beardie?

GlobularDuck

Bearded Dragon Egg
He’s a little over 2 years old, same tank and decor almost the whole time. Got a bigger rock that gives him a place to hide and a new rock background. He just came out of him brumination a few weeks ago, that’s when he started getting real active again.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
He’s a little over 2 years old, same tank and decor almost the whole time. Got a bigger rock that gives him a place to hide and a new rock background. He just came out of him brumination a few weeks ago, that’s when he started getting real active again.
Over two years asking should be at 90-95. It is too hot for him presently in viv. Yes, coming out of brumation makes them “active” not to say horny :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It might be spring fever, another forum member said her beardies act pretty crazy around this time of year aswell, zontars mom is right definitely lower your temps a couple notches.

Latest posts