• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how small can the tank go for an adult

bearded.sean

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
how small can the tank go for an adult bearded dragon but allow it to move comfortably

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For starters, welcome to our forum.

I think a judgment call can be made here. Figure an adult bearded dragon can reach 24 inches in length, from nose to tail. We had Bernie in a 75 gallon viv that measured about 4 feet in length and about 2.5 feet wide. We didn't feel that it was big enough at times when he was in the mood to run around.

We have a member who has dedicated an entire bedroom to their bearded dragon. We are anxiously waiting on pics to see this viv...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
40 gallon breeder is the smallest.
you need at least 6 sqft of floor space for them to move around comfortably

Erskinelake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
40 gallon breeder is the smallest.
you need at least 6 sqft of floor space for them to move around comfortably

And at the rate Sedona is growing..the 40 gallon breeder from what your saying is gonna be out. Better start saving up my change.

bearded.sean

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my bearded dragon is small and she is full grown she is 17 inches my freind has got another female and she is 24 inches

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
75 gal is what my guys in, full grown male.... id feel bad if he was in somthing smaller....

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
resurrecting this old thread...

My beardie is almost 18 inches long and is an adult. he is in a 44 gallon fish tank. length is legit but it's only about 1 foot wide.. is this ok??

anyone know of where i can get a larger viv for a good price? saw them at the pet store and they are insanely expensive..

might there be a for sale section on this forum??

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Petco has the $1 gallon sale until tomorrow. I just bought a 40 gallon breeder for $40 plus tax. Good deal :)

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You can also try craigslist or garage sales. I just bought a 48in by 18 in at a garage sale for $40.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Loki's probably going to outgrow the 40gal breeder I have him in, but I don't have any money for a replacement, new tiles, and everything else like that so he's going to have to make do. :-P Besides, he just sits on his basking log when he's in the viv. When he wants to run around I let him explore around my room for a few hours.

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i got some kewl tiles at home depot for 3.50 a pack(9 tiles). they are multi colored slate pieces that are 3x3. I got two packs and they fit in there perfect' ( just saying, its a little cheaper than paying for a new viv )

Latest posts