• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How should I "decorate" my beardie's enclosure?

akaJules

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am new to the forum, owned by a four-month-old male beardie. He is in a custom wooden enclosure with vinyl flooring on the enclosure floor (per my breeder's instruction). His only accessory thus far is a nice branch with different levels which spans about three-quarters of the enclosure length.

I don't want to pack a bunch of stuff in there, as I already have a hard time catching the leftover roaches that he doesn't eat! Also, when adding things to climb and hide under, doesn't that make potty cleanup a little more difficult?

Can you point me to any other threads/pictures of ideal cage setups for his age? I see instructions on making my own rock formations, but would rather buy them, anyone on here sell their creations?

Thanks for your help!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You want to have a couple hiding places one on the warm side one on the cool side and some sort of basking spot. Not sure how high your tank is but they also love to use the vertical space. I have hammocks and ledges in mine so they can get up higher and survey their kingdoms.

The funny thing about pooping, I know my boy does this and some other peoples beardies do to, sometimes they poop in the same spot all the time. If not the same spot, the same general area. So you can kinda gauge where NOT to put stuff.

akaJules

Bearded Dragon Egg
@PatsyB - got it, thanks!

Now how about blankets, I've seen a few pics on here. Last night he was trying to snuggle into a corner, would he maybe like to try a blanket/towel? If so, how do I introduce this to him? Do you guys let them snuggle themselves, or actually cover them once it's time to go na-night? Will he be weirded out, or be like, awesome, I've always wanted a blankie? :)

akaJules

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is Copper's current setup:

CopperCage-1.jpg
CopperCage-2.jpg
CopperCage-3.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's nice, I love the branch! I would try to find him a little hide, it's something he can climb on while he's on the floor. As far a blankets go it's up to you. Dexter has one I put her tank at night I don't always put her on it, sometimes I put her on her ledge. When I do put her on her blanket I cover her up, she doesn't seem to care either way.

katiehenderson

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can use the plastic plants, flowers or backing from aquatic shops too :) all of dexters viv is stuff from my local aquatic shop

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420728251250.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420728251250.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is my setup, I like those foam rocks alot, they are very nice and he loves them and super easy to clean.
Has to have a hiding spot for sure. My guy loves to bury himself under the paper towel. Sometimes we cant find him
till the lights go on. It is pretty cool..

20141226_222023_zps1f2d2983.jpg

Latest posts