• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how often should I be feeding My Beardie?

Carmil07

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all
I have been feeding my 7 month old beardie live feed once a day as this is what I had read in caresheets and a book I bought etc. Now someone has said to me he should only be getting livefeed twice a week...... Help I am confused :confused: x

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As dragons get older they usually consume more greens & veg than live food.

Carmil07

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Jeff
Yes I understand that :D so should he just be getting live feed twice a week now at 7months old? I had read this was when they were 12-18 months? x

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At 7 months, the diet u have your dragon on is fine. My juveniles get fed live food daily & my adults every other day. However, for the last couple of weeks 2 of my adults aren't touching greens & craving str8 live food. Just be careful not to overfeed, the temp in your dragons enclosure will only help digest so much food & obesity can become an issue.

Carmil07

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for that Jeff :D I weigh him on a regular basis and he did start putting on more weight than normal so we just cut down his daily amount ;) Will they always need live feed as he also suggested having Monty on just a veggie diet if I could 'Try and convert him to full veggy If you can'....I had not heard of this before :oops: