• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often should a bearded dragon poop?

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
Arthur usually goes once a day, but he just went three days without before pooping again. He's plenty active and eats more like a pig than a beardie - especially when I tong feed him.

I don't have any reason to suspect health other than that. I just don't know how often to expect it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They can go a week without pooping. I used to only give Dexter baths once a week until I noticed that when she pooped in the tub (the only place she will go) there were seven individual ones. Like she saved them up each day! So now she gets baths every other day. All beardies are different and their habits can change as they age, almost like they can control it better. Luci used to go 2-3 times a day when he was a few months old, now it's every day or every other day.

If you are really worried about him, give him a good long, warm soak. Gently rub his right side down from under the front leg all the way to the vent, that should help get things moving.

drzebra

Juvenile Dragon
He made up for three days of not pooping today with a huge deposit laid across two of his state tiles. I swear I can't figure out how he can leave such large droppings.

He has yet to poop in a bath. In fact, he had yet to do anything in a bath except lay in the water and look confused.

Vitalli

Bearded Dragon Egg
My viserion poops usually every day but he went about 2 days without pooping the other day. But man he sure made up for it haha. Vi usually poops in his water dish I have in there. I always catch it as he does or immediately after so it doesn't sit there all day

Latest posts