• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how often do you handle your dragon?

mdp3612

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok I was wondering how often does everybody take their dragon out and handle them? Also how long does it take a dragon to. Get used to being handled?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We took Bernie out daily. If you have a young dragon, it can take a couple weeks for them to realize you are not a predator. lol.. seriously, it's true. Try hand feeding him some veggies.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We handle ours...first thing in the morning and then after dinner....and they know it...because if we are late for any reason...we get the death stare !! ;D

weewane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I handle mine every chance I get but atleast one time a day just for fun for 30 mins to a hour. Then there are baths, and cage cleanings. and I allways talk to them and rub on there chin before each feeding as well but that is in the viv.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i handle my 2 daily 3-4 times a day at the mo cos its a bit cold here in the uk but in the summer they will be out a bit more

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I handle Dude A LOT. We "play" and I let him run around the apartment... he likes to lick things and hide and snooze... sometimes he just chills in my lap while I study/play internet games/post on the forum work :D

mdp3612

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
At what age do they slow down and lay and chill? mines 10 weeks old and is a squirmer. He may sit there for a minute or two then hes ready to take off.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardies tend to slow down around the age of 1. They become less active and lay around. You'll miss the antics when this occurs.

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! You can do that!? Do beardies mind car trips? I've really wanted to (but it's cold now, and I was wondering if it would be stressful).

I wish I had seen Dude as a little one; he's just so chill it's really hard to imagine him being squirmy! :p

Latest posts