• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often do you give Calcium?

Asialynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,

I just rescued a 2 year old Beardie and I’m wondering how often I should be giving him calcium with and without D3.

This is my first reptile so I’m feeling pretty anxious. I’ve been trying to read about it but I feel like I’m getting mixed information.

With his previous owner he was getting bugs every 4 days so right now I’ve been adding calcium to his veggies. I have T5 H0 uvb and we live in New England so outside time isn’t an option right now.

Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all,

I just rescued a 2 year old Beardie and I’m wondering how often I should be giving him calcium with and without D3.

This is my first reptile so I’m feeling pretty anxious. I’ve been trying to read about it but I feel like I’m getting mixed information.

With his previous owner he was getting bugs every 4 days so right now I’ve been adding calcium to his veggies. I have T5 H0 uvb and we live in New England so outside time isn’t an option right now.

Thank you!
Your T 5 determines amounts of calcium- but placement and distance is crucial for the uvb- screen determines the placement - is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type?

Asialynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your T 5 determines amounts of calcium- but placement and distance is crucial for the uvb- screen determines the placement - is the screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type?
I would say it’s fine mesh, it sits on top of the enclosure which is a 4x2x2.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would say it’s fine mesh, it sits on top of the enclosure which is a 4x2x2.
Ok the UVB needs to go inside the tank --- distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece - so w/ that in the tank D3 should be given once per week on the insects and w/ out D3 the remaining days -- does the dragon eat the salads your feeding? If he does you dont need to worry about a vitamin so much he will get the nutrients he needs from those -

Asialynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the UVB needs to go inside the tank --- distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece - so w/ that in the tank D3 should be given once per week on the insects and w/ out D3 the remaining days -- does the dragon eat the salads your feeding? If he does you dont need to worry about a vitamin so much he will get the nutrients he needs from those -
He has basking spots high up within that 12-15 range. Does it still need to be inside?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has basking spots high up within that 12-15 range. Does it still need to be inside?
Yes or unobstruct the UVB the screen is blocking 30% of the UVB rays ---

Latest posts