• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How often do you feed?

Kerri

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just wanted to know, as I keep getting conflicting information, do you continue to feed greens and bugs everyday even as they get older? Beardie is approx 20 months, has been getting fed a mix of greens and bugs almost everyday. TIA

Jilly

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very worried...my beardie Coco is 1yr 4mos. She’s barely eaten all winter. She was ravenous as a baby and downed tons of crickets, dubias and sfl. Then we moved her to a much bigger cage (my husband built) and she didn’t want to chase food anymore. The crickets had lots more room to hide and she wasn’t into it. So, tried feedings only back in small cage. Didn’t work.

She was eating worms only for a bit. Took her to vet and vet said just have a variety of worms (and strongly recommended hornworms). Well, we have them, but she’s not eating. And she hasn’t shed in quite a long time, but she is now. So, not eating, getting smaller and shedding. We’re confused. We’ve been to vet twice at $100 ea to be told she’s fine.

Her cage temps are exactly right. She gets new greens daily, but barely eats any. Any advice would be appreciated!

thanks,
Jill