• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much is too much?

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My dragon eats at least twice a day until his stomach drags the ground with his front legs extended. I'm just saying- should he eat that much. I can't count the crickets because they are eaten before I get to five :D Every time I bring him crickets he snatches them up as if he just came off a fast. I do feed him collards and occasional cucumber along with protein, geesh- just greedy I say

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My memory doesn't seem to be working. I forget the age of your dragon. But here's a summary:
Dragons under 1 year of age will eat proteins (bugs) 2-3 times per day. They will eat their fill in a 10-15 minute period. I've heard of babies eating anywhere from 50-75 crickets a day. Salad should be offered daily.

Bearded dragons over 1 year will eat protein 3-4 times per week. Salad is their daily meal.

You can offer a variety of veggies and greens in your salad. Here's our caresheet. Scroll down to the middle and you will find the feeding section.
Bearded Dragon Care

Latest posts