• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much do juvies eat?

Matt

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I bought 2 5" beardies that arrive in a week and a half, I've been researching protein live foods for them and I just wondered how long some live feeders would last. If i ordered 150 of the phoenix/repti worms how long would that last? Should I order 600 or would the worms die before they could be feed?

For feeding the beardies its 2 times a day, what they can eat in about a 10 min period, 80% protein and 20% fruits/veggies correct? I guess my question is, is how many worms (give or take) will they consume in a day?

thanks, I'm first time beardie owner..hope I don't sound dumb.

Matt

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
damn, I posted that 2 times trying to edit it and I do not see a delete post option....

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
phoenix worms are a great supplement but you will go broke trying to feed every day. i recommend crickets. they will eat 10 to 15 twice per day. they should be no bigger than the space between their eyes. crickets are easy to keep and for two juvies you can order 500 to 1000 at a time.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
as a general rule its as many crickets or roaches as they will eat in a 10 to 15 minute period twice a day as babies. greens every day and i also add fruit one day then veggies the next. i also as many others do, dust their bugs with calcium once per day and then on sunday with vitamin supplement. also the rule is that live prey must be no larger than the space between their eyes so 5 appropriately sized roaches per day will not be enough. a baby will typically eat 10 to 20 crickets twice per day. their first year is critical towards growth and development so proper feeding can be the difference between a 300 gram dragon or a 6 to 700 gram dragon. underfed animals also do not have the opportunity to develop the fat pads needed for brumation as adults. reptiworms are great for babies since they are high in calcium and protein but are usually considered a supplement and not a staple. just my two cents worth. THIS WAS FROM AN EARLIER POST. HOPE IT HELPS!:)

Latest posts