• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how many fixtures do i need??

Chad_Timbers24

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have a juvinile beardie, which ive had for 3 days. i have a 10 gallon tank. im using a zilla uva+uvb bulb (15 watt) (long fixture/light tube), and i have a 5.5 inch lamp with a 75 watt basking bulb. do i need an additional heating lamp? my beardie is being kinda lazy and wants to bask all day and i have to hand feed him crickets. he also has the stress mark thing on his belly (the oval/lines that are kinda blackish). any tips or help? thanks!!

----chad

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah... the answer to one of my questions...I'll address that in your other thread, however.
You will want, to answer your initial question of this thread, are two fixtures.
One is a bell type, one is a long tube fixture.
You'll want to set these up so that the long one, and the bell one, both shine down onto the basking spot. The long one should cover as much length of the tank as possible..
Back to your first thread... Hope this helps out !
Janie

Cosworth

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
You'll want to set these up so that the long one, and the bell one, both shine down onto the basking spot.

I wanted to say thanks for mentioning this. My UVB tube wasn't as close to his basking spot as it could have been, but now it is. :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds to me like you aren't using a correct uvb. Are you addressing this in another thread?

A 10 gallon tank isn't big enough, especially for a juvenile. You can't get the right radiant temps. At this age, the smallest tank you should be using would be a 40 gallon breeder tank.

As for your question with lights...you should have a regular household bulb for heat. You can use a dome holder which will point the bulb down for maximum heat. You should also have a uvb, which should be at least 3/4 the length of the tank.

Project1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i use 2 fixture personally for summer time being my house isnt as cold as winter.. as for winter i use 3.. summer time i just use the exo terra repti glo 10.0 desert and a zoo med halogen bullb i think im using either a 75 or 100 watt for my 40 gal set up right now keeps her basking spot at about 92 and up and rest of the tank is mid to high 80s its worked pretty good for me over the years

Cosworth

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm building a 72"x36" tank that's 28" high. With my small, old tank, the question on the number of lights was an easy one. Now, not so much...

I'm going to be getting 24" tube lights, but I'm not sure how many I should get.

Latest posts