• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many Dubai’s?

Letreze

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so my dragon is a little over 6 months old and is eating a decent amount of salad daily. I am trying to get away from crickets due to the smell and have been buying 5/8 inch To 1 inch Dubai’s instead. Any idea how many I should be feeding? If I fedDraco until he was full he would eat $10.00 worth a day. Right now I have been giving about 5 in the morning with a few super worms and then about 10 when I get home from work. If I feed crickets he eats about 60 a day still. I know he should start eating less insects and more salad....but when?

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Yes, the struggle is real. I wish more people - me included - realized how expensive the juveniles are to feed! Unfortunately at 6 months he will still be eating mainly insects. Adult dragons are 12-18 months old. I think mine started transitioning to less insects around 12 months (?).

I actually started a colony after a couple months of owning Skittles because it was so freaking expensive. He would eat anywhere from 25-50 dubia a day. They were mixed sizes though. It's worth considering. I think my colony was maybe $50 to set up and run, and if you set the temps good and high they will breed very quickly for you. I think there is more info on setting up a colony in the diet section of this forum if you are interested. I still have the colony and feed him from it - super convenient to not have to worry about ordering or buying food, and it's very minimal effort.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have written up info on dubia that is within the general care link below several of our comments..it's found in the general care section at the top as well.. you would feed about 1 roach for every 6 crickets about..Because of the ability to gut load the roaches and the food stays in their GI system for 48-72 hours making them a super food item. So even if they are still hungry they are getting more bang per buck.

Latest posts