• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How many crickets.....

Brandi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I am wondering if I am feeding my beardie enough! He is a lil over 12 inches long, estimated 6-7 months old, He had 15 large crickets this morning, and than ate most of his greens all gone through out the day, than had 15 large crickets this evening! New greens! He still seems like he wants more crickets!!? Appreciate any in put, thank you!

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Brandi! I would say that you are doing a great job feeding your dragon! 30 large crickets seems pretty normal and healthy for a dragon that age and size. However, if you are concerned that your dragon isn't getting enough.. or that he is "begging" for more. Use the 15 minute rule. Allow your dragon to eat as much as he can consume in 15 minutes. As long as the size of the insect is appropriate for the animal there is not a huge risk in feeding too much, at that age. :) I highly recommend getting a scale so that you can measure his weight and keep records of it.
Hope that helps!

Latest posts