• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how long.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how long has this forum been up and running? it seems that there are not many active members.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, Crypticdragons. I'm sorry that you feel that there are not many active members. We launched on September 03, 2008.

We are very excited with our member base in such a short timeframe. I think since you have joined, most of our older members have been quiet. We've have seen many coming seeking advice and then monitoring posts. They sneak out every now and again.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i wasnt cutting the site i love the site i like the home feeling to it. i was just wondering as i am used to the larger sites where you only know about 5 of the hundreds of people that regularly post there lol.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That is the true reason I joined this forum..not to many members but they all know what they are talking about without judging...which I found on other forums with lots of members...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah i love the other forums but i do hate the way people tend to pop an attitude with the newbies out of no were. the only pet peave i have is breeding. i cant stand all the people i see postin on there saying "i bred my beardies what do i do know?" that really gets my goat lol.
I am enjoying this forum. i can only compare it to that little home town bar where you know everyone in it (until we get over run by the new yorkers for the leaf change lol (family guy comparrison))

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We resuced ours and honestly the only info I had was from various web sites, these kind people took me in and taught me everything so far that I need to have a very healthy beardie, in no means am I a expert and there will be tons of questions...but at least I know I have dedicated people to send me in the right direction...in this day and age...this is really hard to find !!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, Laurie! We are very pleased with the forum members we have. You see, we too belong to the 'other' forums. And our goal is to express to everyone what we have learned. No one is perfect and no one knows everything. Bearded dragon care is still relatively new. The day you stop learning, is the day you are no longer with us. And that goes for everyone.

It is soooo overwhelming when you adopt your first bearded dragon. And there are a lot of opinionated people out there and A LOT of false information.

So, we started our site as a notepad for us and our care for Bernard. And then, we figured we'd branch out and help other folks that are in the same position we were. ;)

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
just chiming in to say that i think it is neat to be one of the first members of a new forum. as harley d points out, you get honest advice w/o feeling too much like a moron.

and as you are probably aware, the larger forums have people coming and going. new bearded dragon owners tend to get their answers and leave. and new comers are seeking help cuz their beardie is in trouble.

i think we have a mix of new owners and a handful of existing owners. it's a good combination. and i think a small community is charming too!

dollypop

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
yeah i love the other forums but i do hate the way people tend to pop an attitude with the newbies out of no were. the only pet peave i have is breeding. i cant stand all the people i see postin on there saying "i bred my beardies what do i do know?" that really gets my goat lol.
I am enjoying this forum. i can only compare it to that little home town bar where you know everyone in it (until we get over run by the new yorkers for the leaf change lol (family guy comparrison))

Thats why I don't breed. Because I don't want to get caught not knowing what I'm doing. :D

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I cant tell you how many question I field and how many phone calls I have taken to help people thru the What do I do now stage...lol. I guess its all part of the hobby in a way. I was once the person on a forum going Now what do I do? And look at me today. I am the owner of a lot of little poopers...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts