• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How far away do they roam?

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Well Rebel got out of the back yard again, but not sure how. All access points were baracaded. Last time this happened was a year ago and he was gone for 8 days then suddenly appeared about 20 feet from the front door. I'm hoping this will happen again...assuming a hawk didn't grab him. He was in the backyard...10 minutes later there was no sign of him. I've been told they usually don't roam far from home. Last experience would agree with that. Can anyone else confirm this?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well Rebel got out of the back yard again, but not sure how. All access points were baracaded. Last time this happened was a year ago and he was gone for 8 days then suddenly appeared about 20 feet from the front door. I'm hoping this will happen again...assuming a hawk didn't grab him. He was in the backyard...10 minutes later there was no sign of him. I've been told they usually don't roam far from home. Last experience would agree with that. Can anyone else confirm this?
Yes there have been many that have gotten out and found not far from home- please check everything they can get under in your yard- put up flyers around your neighborhood so if someone finds him - good luck hope he turns up also check sunny spots first thing in the morning driveways sidewalks etc they have been known to be sitting in the sun warming up

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Yes there have been many that have gotten out and found not far from home- please check everything they can get under in your yard- put up flyers around your neighborhood so if someone finds him - good luck hope he turns up also check sunny spots first thing in the morning driveways sidewalks etc they have been known to be sitting in the sun warming up
Thanks Sadie, I'm surprised I haven't found him basking in the mornings close by yet.

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Do my best. I suppose he could be in my neighbors back yard which is a jungle. I'd probably never find him if he's back there. Also have a palm tree in the back but he's never climbed it in the two years that he's been in the backyard.