• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do you know if your BD is over weight or just the right weight

JuliaAndGobi1208

Bearded Dragon Egg
Gobi is about 5-6 months he’s 10 1/4” my scale broke a couple days after i got him so I don’t have anything to weigh him. Whenever he lays down and is relaxing he looks like a cute but chubby beardie. When he’s eating crickets, walking in his tank/basking he looks really skinny? Also if you can see it in the picture his fat pads are nice, his eyes aren’t sunken in, he almost never has stress marks, and he eats fine along with getting misted daily•There’s a picture of him when he’s relaxed and a picture of him when he’s active (in some way)

Attachments

• 0DDC492B-E93D-4FFC-A65E-A59FC3E3FE98.jpeg
    0DDC492B-E93D-4FFC-A65E-A59FC3E3FE98.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • B7326734-4BB2-488D-8F7A-C0EC680AED9B.jpeg
    B7326734-4BB2-488D-8F7A-C0EC680AED9B.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 15

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gobi is about 5-6 months he’s 10 1/4” my scale broke a couple days after i got him so I don’t have anything to weigh him. Whenever he lays down and is relaxing he looks like a cute but chubby beardie. When he’s eating crickets, walking in his tank/basking he looks really skinny? Also if you can see it in the picture his fat pads are nice, his eyes aren’t sunken in, he almost never has stress marks, and he eats fine along with getting misted daily•There’s a picture of him when he’s relaxed and a picture of him when he’s active (in some way)
He looks like a very healthy weight! If they have extra skin hanging from their beard or from there arms. Like where their armpits would technically be lol. If they have extra fat there they are overweight.

Latest posts